CHAPTER 2: CONSONANTS
UNIT 10: /ʒ/
Practice reading the sounds below.
Air is forced between the center front of the tongue and back of the tooth ridge.
The sides of the tongue may touch the side teeth. Lips are slightly tense. You may feel your vocal cords vibrate.
II. Practice: Sounds in Words
Listen and Repeat.
III. Practice: Words in Sentences
Read the following sentences, focusing on the words in RED.
1. I watch sports on television.
2. My mom gave me a massage.
3. We have two cars in our garage.
4. Angela is wearing a corsage.
5. Lizards can camouflage themselves.
6. Nina found a treasure in her garden.
7. I don’t like math equations.
8. My sister’s wedding had a long entourage.
IV. Application 1: Let’s Talk
Practice having a conversation with someone.
Tutor: Do you watch television?
Student: Yes, I always watch television.
Tutor: I like watching different leisure activities on TV.
Student: I like watching programs about lost treasures.
Tutor: That’s nice! How about weddings with a big entourage?
Student: Not really. I like watching shows about massage therapies too.
Tutor: I see. Those shows have visual demonstrations.
V. Practice: Tongue Twisters
1. He measured his pleasure in a visual treasure.
His treasure includes a corsage and a collage in the garage.
2. Her seizures usually impaired her vision.
Her vision is confused by the television equation.