CHAPTER 2: CONSONANTS
UNIT 11: / tʃ/
Practice reading the sounds below.
Lips are slightly protruded during the production of sound.
The tip and blade of the tongue should be touching the gum ridge, while the sides of the tongue will slightly touch your side teeth.
II. Practice: Sounds in Words
Listen and Repeat.
III. Practice: Words in Sentences
Read the following sentences, focusing on the words in RED.
1. My dream is to be a teacher.
2. His friends eat chips at school.
3. Fried chicken is delicious.
4. I bought a new wrist watch.
5. My family goes to church on Sunday.
6. Angela is an only child.
7. Kenji likes cheese sandwiches.
8. The cat likes to sleep on the chair.
IV. Application 1: Let’s Talk
Practice having a conversation with someone.
Tutor: How’s your new teacher?
Student: My new teacher is nice. She brought us chips.
Tutor: I heard she also brought cheese.
Student: Yes, she did. We also met her child.
Tutor: So how’s her child?
Student: She is nice. She sat on the chair beside me.
Tutor: That’s good to hear. Your new teacher sounds cool.
Student: Yes, she is cool.
V. Practice: Tongue Twisters
1. Cherry teaches children at church.
Cherry also checks the rooms and does chores.
2. The teacher changed the question in the challenge.
The challengers changed the answers for the question.