CHAPTER 2: CONSONANTS
UNIT 13: / r/
Practice reading the sounds below.
Lips are pursed during the production of sound.
Tongue pulls back in the mouth without touching the top ridge.
II. Practice: Sounds in Words
Listen and Repeat.
III. Practice: Words in Sentences
Read the following sentences, focusing on the words in RED.
1. Christine has a red car.
2. I ate bread for breakfast.
3. Alfred watches movies on his computer.
4. The building is on fire.
5. They painted their roof brown.
6. Mary used a ruler to draw a line.
7. He threw the rock in the river.
8. It will rain tomorrow.
IV. Application 1: Let’s Talk
Practice having a conversation with someone.
Tutor: There is a new market that opened in the city last week.
Student: I want to visit the market but it is far from here.
Tutor: Don’t you have a car?
Student: Yes, I have a red car.
Tutor: You can use it to go to the market.
Student: But my car is under repair.
Tutor: What happened? It’s new, right?
Student: Yes. But I had to replace the front right tire.
V. Practice: Tongue Twisters
1. Rea returned the rotten red radishes.
The rotten radishes are from Robert.
2. Roger threw round rocks on our red roof.
The round rocks rolled from the roof onto the red floor.