CHAPTER 2: CONSONANTS
UNIT 14: /l/
Practice reading the sounds below.
Lips are separated and mouth is slightly open during the production of the sound.
Tip of the tongue is placed against the ridge behind your upper teeth.
II. Practice: Sounds in Words
Listen and Repeat.
III. Practice: Words in Sentences
Read the following sentences, focusing on the words in RED.
1. He drinks milk every day.
2. Leo is the richest person in the world.
3. The leaves are falling from the trees.
4. I asked him to turn on the light.
5. He gave me an apple.
6. John went to the flower shop.
7. Paula wrote a letter to her mom.
8. My brother saw a whale in the sea.
IV. Application 1: Let’s Talk
Practice having a conversation with someone.
Tutor: Do you want me to make you a fruit salad?
Student: Yes, please. I want apples in it.
Tutor: Okay. I will also put lemons.
Student: Please add melons, too.
Tutor: Sure. Would you like me to add cream?
Student: Yes, lots of cream, please.
Tutor: Let’s also put some sweet milk.
Student: Yes, sweet milk will be perfect.
V. Practice: Tongue Twisters
1. Little Lily listens to leaders.
Leaders like Little Lily when she listens.
2. Leny sent Lucy a letter earlier.
The latter got the letter later.