CHAPTER 2: CONSONANTS
UNIT 2: /t/
Practice reading the sounds below.
Slightly open your mouth.
The tip of your tongue should touch your upper gum and teeth.
II. Practice: Sounds in Words
Listen and Repeat.
III. Practice: Words in Sentences
Read the following sentences, focusing on the words in RED.
1. The basketball player is tall.
2. Allan has a pet cat.
3. She likes to drink tea.
4. The student is taking a test.
5. Do you want to play tennis?
6. Will you teach me English?
7. The tree has many fruits.
8. Rudy answered the telephone.
IV. Application 1: Let’s Talk
Practice having a conversation with someone.
Tutor: Did you park the car?
Student: Yes, I parked it under a tree.
Tutor: Great! Please sit down. I already ordered drinks.
Student: Who is our waiter?
Tutor: He is the tall man by the door.
Student: I will order toast. What did you order?
Tutor: I ordered tea for us.
Student: Thank you! I love tea!
Tutor: Be careful when you drink it. It’s hot!
V. Practice: Tongue Twisters
1. The tall tropic tree has tangled roots.
Ted in a tux tripped and tumbled.
2. Tara tasted Tina’s tea too quickly.
Tara’s tiny tongue was tinted turquoise.