CHAPTER 2: CONSONANTS
UNIT 4: /v/
Practice reading the sounds below.
Put your upper teeth slightly on your lower lip.
Blow air until your lower lip slides off your upper teeth.
II. Practice: Sounds in Words
Listen and Repeat.
|living room||/lɪvɪŋ ruːm/|
III. Practice: Words in Sentences
Read the following sentences, focusing on the words in RED.
1. The child plays the violin.
2. Sarah picked the flowers by the river.
3. The dentist is wearing a glove.
4. Jenna lives in a small village.
5. The bags are in the van.
6. He puts the letter in an envelope.
7. My dad is a good driver.
8. Her bag is heavy.
IV. Application 1: Let’s Talk
Practice having a conversation with someone.
Tutor: Did you go to the tourist village?
Student: Yes, I did. I rode a van to get there.
Tutor: What did you see?
Student: I saw an old historical vase.
Tutor: I hear they also hold a violin concert.
Student: Yes, they hold it every evening at seven o’clock.
Tutor: Was it fun?
Student: Yes, it was! I’ll take you to the village next time!
V. Practice: Tongue Twisters
1. Vivian drives the van very fast.
Victor was very nervous in the van.
2. Vina believes Vincent, the visitor, is vain.
Vincent, the visitor, likes wearing velvet vests.