CHAPTER 2: CONSONANTS
UNIT 7: /ð/
Practice reading the sounds below.
Your lips should separate, giving way for the air to come out. Vocal cords should vibrate.
Tongue is placed between the upper and lower teeth, touching the upper teeth.
II. Practice: Sounds in Words
Listen and Repeat.
III. Practice: Words in Sentences
Read the following sentences, focusing on the words in RED.
1. My father is a policeman.
2. We were together yesterday.
3. The students bathe in the pool.
4. She loves the sunny weather.
5. Ana has a tall brother.
6. Makiko and Hiro will buy clothes.
7. Jake put a feather on his hat.
8. My mother cooks good food.
IV. Application 1: Let’s Talk
Practice having a conversation with someone.
Tutor: Where is your mother?
Student: She is at home with my father.
Tutor: How about your brother?
Student: He is not with them.
Tutor: Where is he?
Student: He is now in the Netherlands.
Tutor: Oh, how is the weather there?
Student: The weather is good there.
V. Practice: Tongue Twisters
1. Their other older brothers wear leather.
That makes their mother bothered.
2. Mother and father shopped with my brother.
Though my brother would rather go there alone.